- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
When you don’t let others dictate your happiness, but are content with yourself regardless of what others think or say.
- What is your pet hate?
When people don’t listen, and talk over you.
- What do you fear?
A have a few fears in life like creepy crawlies but on a personal level my biggest fear is linked to the question about perfect happiness. I fear that I will never be able to be truly happy with who I am – I am my biggest critic and am always searching to be better in everything I do.
- What is the strangest instruction your coach has ever given you?
It may not be strange but my coach always used to say “Don’t think, just go” and at first it’s hard to understand but it makes sense often too much thinking can complicate things and to perform at your best you just need to let go, free your mind and thoughts and just let instinct kick in – don’t try and control everything.
- What is your greatest extravagance?
- What words/phrases do you overuse?
“ja ja ja”, “that’s beautiful” and then you are either a “Pal” or a “Mate”
- What talent (outside of sport) would you like to have?
I would love to be able to sing and play the guitar! Also to be able to whistle….
- What movie/book should everyone watch/read?
The Blind Side is a favourite, gets me every time! A recent favourite book of mine and one I would recommend to people is The Subtle art of not giving a F*ck.
- What is your favourite place to rest?
Somewhere quiet and remote, no cellphone reception, a comfy couch and a good book!